We’re looking for our next Yardsticker…
Your strong written communication skills combined with your incredible attention to detail make it easy for you to gather, write, and review information.
You’re an aspiring writer who can juggle multiple projects and meet proposal deadlines.
You are experienced in developing proposals and are able to work both independently and in a team setting.
We’re looking for our next Yardsticker
Yardstick Research has an incredible opportunity for a detail-oriented proposal writer to join our team and be a key contributor to business development by reviewing Requests for Quote (RFQ)/Requests for Proposal (RFP). The qualified candidate will be preparing formally written proposals as well as be preparing letter quotes on an ad hoc/as needed basis. We are looking for someone who can think outside the box; actively listen and collaborate with team members and partnering firms to gather information; review project specs, and identify potential risks. This is an exciting role for the right person to be a key consultant and a valuable champion in our team.
What would you be doing?
- Reviewing Requests for Quote (RFQ)/Requests for Proposal (RFP) to identify project specifications and requirements.
- Meeting proposal deadlines by establishing priorities and target dates for information gathering, writing, review, and approval by research team.
- Identifying and communicating potential risks associated with proposals.
- Develops proposal by assembling information including project nature, research objectives/outcome, proposed methodology, timeline, staffing, budget.
- Maintains quality results by using templates and following proposal-writing standards for readability, consistency, and tone.
- Coordinating requirements with contributors, including collaborating with partnering firms.
- Preparing letter quotes on an ad hoc basis/as client needs arise.
- Copywriting and creative design; formatting.
- Attending business development/strategy meetings
What qualities are we looking for?
- Fully bilingual (English and French).
- Minimum 2 years’ professional writing experience (e.g., report or proposal writing).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Extremely detail-oriented.
- Formatting and creative/graphic design skills.
- Strong organizational and time management skills; deadline-oriented.
- Market research knowledge (methodologies, etc.) and/or Advanced Psychometric and Assessment services an asset.
- Strong client management and interpersonal skills.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Business, Social Sciences, or a closely related field; preference may be given to candidates with coursework in Market Research, Social Statistics.
Why join Yardstick?
- Competitive salary & bonus potential
- 100% company-funded medical and dental benefits (for you AND your family!)
- RSP Matching Program
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Sleek and shiny MacBook
- Keurig machine, to keep you highly caffeinated
- Unlimited growth potential at one of Canada’s fastest growing companies